Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update: The Post Office... OF EVIL!!!

SO.

I went to the Post Office to get my $18.30 that they owed me for not delivering the whos-it-whats-it to Arkansas last week. Well, for those of you who don't know (MOM), when you go to the Post Office here, you have to pay the meter for parking. Now, I also overestimate how long its going to take, even when it so happens that the line is nine years long, but this time, I figured, it won't take that long. Still, I put in 25 minutes worth of quarters. JUST TO BE SAFE. Well, I went into the Post Office, and the line was really short, only 3 people ahead of me - hurrah!

So I get up to the counter, and I tell the Mr. Man what's up. I, of course, printed out the delivery notice from the internet, had my receipt and the thingy-mc-doody for having mailed the package two-day. Mr. Man takes all of the things (I noticed his name tag said "Cinco cinco." No, he wasn't hispanic.) and has to go talk to his boss.

He eventually comes back and tells me that the delivery notices that the Arkansas Post Office posted are "weird" and he doesn't know what it means. BUT, he proceeds to explain to me like I didn't just graduate with honors in Astrophysics that the package DID arrive in Fayetteville, Arkansas by the guaranteed delivery date. I wasn't convinced, but since it had been like 24.9 minutes, I told him I had to go put more money in the meter and I would be back. He left again.

He didn't come back for a while. I saw him come into the front area on the opposite side of where I was standing, and it looked like he grabbed a phone book.

He comes back and proceeds to explain to me how schools pick up their mail - instead of signing for each piece of mail, they sign a ledger that lists every piece so that they only have to sign once. Again, he practically drew me a picture like I was going to become a future postman.

He leaves again.

It's nearing 40 minutes that I've been standing there, and he comes back. He explains to me that the package was there at the guaranteed time, but someone just didn't scan it correctly. I was ready to hear, "So... bye!" but he said he would give me my money back because the delivery notices were "confusing."

After he left again to get someone to help him hit the "cash" button on the computer, he gave me $0.50 extra because "it shouldn't have taken that long."

Oh, I also had to sign some forms up in there. And I signed a form that said I got my money BEFORE I got my money. That was risky.

So, the guy was nice. But 45 minutes?!?! GEEZ. Eh, I didn't have anything better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment