Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yeah Yeah Yeah

SO it's been a while! Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

I do.


Well, I have some books to poorly review (the reviews will be poorly written, not that the books were poor - get with it!).

I can't be as hilarious per usual because I'm sick :( (cue pity).

So the books, right.

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

SO THE GREAT (weird?) part is... well, let me just get to it. So I really wanted to read The Sirens of Titan by KV, but Mike had it, so I decided to read Cat's Cradle. Well, (this is where it gets good people), now get this. I was at Barnes and Noble TO GET MORE BOOKS, even though I wasn't done with Cat's Cradle yet. WELL, now this isn't a surprise because he only calls me about 80 times a day, but my brother called me. BUT HERE'S WHERE IT GETS WEIRD. I told my brosef what was the dilly-yo, and, hold on to your butts, HE WAS READING CAT'S CRADLE AT THE SAME TIME!!! We didn't even know he could read! I still don't believe it, actually. I mean, I finished the book weeks ago, and Nick just finished it today... but we were reading it in different... circumstances. You can ask him if you want.

But isn't that sorta weird? That Nick and I would be reading the SAME book at the SAME time? When Nick can't even READ???? Exactly.

As for the book, simply stunning. Kurt Vonnegut is a genius of epic proportions. And by 'genius', I mean that the barista at Starbucks told me he was schizophrenic, and if I read this book that his son wrote, it'd make a lot of sense the crazy shizzzzz this guy comes up with. But anyway, Cat's Cradle - read it! It starts off a bit... bippity-boppity, where you don't really see what the different chapters have in common, BUT THEY DO.  The beginning chapters are more background, and Vonny jumps around a lot, and they don't seem to make sense... but about halfway through the book the story continues in order and you can't put the book down. Wooooo! READ IT.


Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk

I was hesitant about this book because I've found the latest Chucky P. books to be... sub-sub par. EVEN SUBBIER. Well, I was surprised! It's a little hard to get into because the book is about a foreign exchange student in America, and it's written in broken English. But I liked it. Now, it wasn't orgastastic like his earlier books like Invisible Monsters or Survivor, but it was MUCH, MUCH more read-worthy than Rant or Diary. Anyway, it's interesting, read it. But after Cat's Cradle.

No comments:

Post a Comment